Position Title: Regional Director, Managed Review
Position Location: London, UK
Position Reports To: Chief Legal Officer, Head of Managed Review
Lineal Managed Review Overview:
Lineal is made up of a team of industry innovators, wary of outdated solutions, who are highly driven and motivated to work together to further Lineal’s promise of countering legal’s most pressing issues through an optimal blend of advanced technologies. Lineal’s managed review services are an integral part of that mission. What makes Lineal Review Services a great partner is that we put ourselves in the shoes of our client and solve problems for them the way that we would want them solved ourselves. We pride ourselves on doing things that if they had the time, resources, technology, and knowledge – our clients would do themselves.
Lineal’s managed review team assists corporations and their legal counsel by helping to improve the overall document review process from the outset of a matter. Our core focus is to create and execute on technology driven, efficient, defensible, and uniquely tailored review workflows for our clients. Our team of experienced attorney technologists provides consultative support to our clients related to search term assessment and validation, review and quality control workflows, technology application throughout the review process, privilege logs, data breach and privacy review, data subject access requests, compliance, and internal investigations and second requests.
The Regional Direction of Managed Review will be responsible for all managed review engagements and consulting in their region. The Regional Director will act as the document review process SME to counsel and clients by providing consultation on workflow and technology application. Where Lineal undertakes the managed review, the Regional Director is responsible for managing the workflow, substantive review, budget, quality, and team undertaking the review.
Regional Directors will also be an integral part of growing Lineal’s managed review services by taking part in innovation projects, drafting and updating department SOPs, integrating new and existing technology into the workflow, and acting as an ambassador for managed review both inside and outside the company. The Regional Director will collaborate closely with Lineal’s Client Services and Operations teams to provide seamless delivery to our clients across the project’s entire lifecycle. The Regional Director will also be the point of contact for staffing in their region.
Regional Directors will possess excellent writing skills and communicate effectively to teammates, leadership, clients, and counsel. The Regional Director must display a consultative approach and ability to deliver a broad range of innovative and value-added applications to all review projects and consultation efforts. Regional Directors will also have a firm grasp of review-related technology including tools and processes related to structured and unstructured analytics, predictive coding, automatic redactions, PII identification, and search term assessment.
- 8+ years of eDiscovery managed review leadership and workflow consulting experience
- Advanced knowledge of litigation management software including Relativity, NexLP, Brainspace, Blackout, etc.
- Demonstrated experience consulting with clients on predictive coding
- Deep experience consulting on review projects and managing the daily aspects of complex client review portfolios and client review projects
- Demonstrated ability to provide document review services for multiple cases simultaneously
- Experience building, managing and assessing large teams of contract reviewers and full time review staff
- Experience with global data privacy considerations
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Legal Degree required and a good standing license within their region
- Must be flexible with the travel requirements of client service projects